UWOC Council Members Duties and Expectations
Attend monthly council meetings.
Meetings are currently held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. but may be adjusted to fit the schedules of the current council members as needed.
Promotion of UWOC
Share promotional materials about UWOC with potential members including:
Actively participate in organizing, planning and presenting of UWOC events
- Inviting them to attend upcoming events
- Encouraging them to sign up for our listserv to find out about future events
- Offering to send them an email the next time we have an event
Active participation can include any of the following:
- Helping UWOC to locate presenters and/or topics that may be of interest to members
- Organizing food, meeting space, etc.
- Providing logistical support such as greeting attendees, helping with nametags and seating, etc.
- Publicize events by sending emails, faxes, or flyers to local media/U offices
- Designing promotional materials (or securing pro bono services from others to design promotional materials for events)
- Soliciting feedback from events attendees on how we can improve future events and/or better meet the needs of our community